Wednesday, October 06, 2004

VP Debate: My Final Take

A draw on foreign policy (see below), plus one to Edwards on domestic policy (on a scale of -10 to +10). Many more points to Edwards on style, but not enough substance to warrant a decisive win. Unlike Kerry on Thursday Edwards never really thought for himself, tayloring his responses to what Cheney said.

On my (new-found) scale I think the Kerry / Bush debate was a +5 for Kerry. Which means it was a really solid performance but there is also lots of room for improvement. Friday will be interesting.

As for the blogs, most of the right-wing ones see a huge Cheney victory and most left-wing see a huge Edwards victory. Which probably means a draw. The one exception is Sullivan - he thought Cheney got crushed, worse than Bush on Thursday. That seems strange to me. I agree with him that Edwards will probably play better with undecideds though (all those white women).

No comments: