Wednesday, December 08, 2004

McCain expresses support for Kofi Annan

McCain speaking on Fox (I think - the article in ghanaweb.com doesn't say exactly):
Asked whether he believes that Mr. Annan should step down, the Arizona Republican and outspoken hawk replied, 'No. I think that we should have a full and complete investigation and then make decisions like that. Am I disturbed when I hear that his son was on payroll? Of course I'm disturbed about it, and apparently Kofi Annan was [disturbed] also.' He added, 'I think Coleman is kind of a symptom of some dissatisfaction within Congress about the U.N. -- but no, I think we need a full and complete investigation, and there's plenty of time to decide whether people should keep their jobs or not.'
UPDATE: Kucinich to the rescue!

No comments: